Know when to hire a civil litigation lawyer
Most people don’t make a habit out of suing other people. That’s why if you have a dispute with someone, and you can’t resolve it, you may be confused as to whether or not you should hire a civil litigation lawyer, or any other state. Most attorneys advise people to try and work out their differences on their own first; but that isn’t always possible. Here are some examples of when it may be time to consult a lawyer:
* Destruction of property: If someone has destroyed your property and won’t pay for the damage, then it may be time to consult a lawyer. This property can be anything from your car to your clothes.
* Dog bites: If a dog bit you, your dog or your child, the owner must be responsible for hospital/vet bills. If they are unwilling to pay, suing them may give you the compensation you’re entitled to.
* Neighbor disputes: Has your neighbor built a fence on your property line? Have they cut down a tree that was partly on your property? These are difficult issues that can all be settled by hiring an attorney.
* Theft: If someone has stolen property from you, and you can prove it was them, a Civil Litigation Lawyer Charlotte NC can take your case to court, giving you either your property back, or the value of it.
* Services not rendered: Did you hire a caterer who didn’t show up to your event? Were you disappointed with your wedding photography photos? Did you hire a contractor to fix your roof, but he never completed the job? You may be able to get your money back with the help of a lawyer.
* Services not paid for: Did you provide a service for someone who refuses to pay? If you’ve completed the job according to the contract, then you are entitled to your money.
* Money loans gone wrong: Did you lend a friend or family member some money and they refuse to pay it back? Are they saying it was a gift? If you can prove it was a loan, you’ll get your money back.
When it comes to civil litigation in Charlotte, NC, at Conrad Trosch & Kemmy, we have the best team of civil dispute attorneys & lawyers, who will help you decide whether to file a case or negotiate a settlement.