Here’s How an Attorney Can Help If You’re Injured in a Car Accident
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, consulting a personal injury attorney in Rockford, IL, can give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your claim is in good hands, and your rights will be protected. To achieve the best possible outcome, here are some steps you need to take:
- Immediately after the accident, be sure everyone involved is in a safe place. The safety of all parties concerned is the most important consideration.
- Get the other driver’s license number and contact information, as these will help you if he or she tries to leave the scene. Be sure to provide your information as well.
- Call the police to the accident scene, no matter how minor the collision may be. This is the best way to protect your interests, and the investigating officer can act as an impartial witness to report what happened.
- Take pictures of the vehicles involved to help prove that your story is true.
- If you’re in pain, ask for an ambulance. Though the accident may be minor, it’s still traumatic, and adrenaline often masks the symptoms of an injury. It’s best to be cautious.
- Take photos of your cuts, scrapes, bruises, and any other injuries.
- Tell your insurance company about the accident. Most insurers require you to make a report within a certain time frame, and failure to do so may cause the company to deny your claim.
- Gather all accident-related information, such as medical discharge papers, medical bills, police reports, and the other driver’s information, and put them somewhere safe.
- Bring these documents with you when you consult a lawyer.
You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by working with a knowledgeable, reliable personal injury attorney in Rockford, IL. He or she will protect your interests from the beginning and fully investigate the incident to determine liability. You won’t pay a fee unless you win your case. To schedule a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Bradley Dworkin or visit the firm online at www.illinoishammer.com