Talk to Us Right Away After Being Injured in any Truck Accident
A tractor-trailer that’s pulling a full load is going to be more than 70 feet long and weigh up to 80,000 pounds. If a driver loses control of one of these big rigs at highway speeds, it’s going to flatten anything in its way. Here are just a few common causes of large truck accidents:
- Distracted driving like talking on a mobile phone, texting while driving or paying more attention to an infotainment center than the roadway.
- Following a vehicle ahead of the truck too closely.
- Poor tire and brake maintenance.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both.
- Fatigued or drowsy driving.
- Dangerous and abrupt lane changes.
- Overloading or improper loading,
- Poor driver training or driver inexperience.
Some Common Truck Crash Injuries
After your vehicle is impacted by such a huge piece of machinery at a high speed, it’s highly likely that you and anybody with you are going to suffer severe or catastrophic injuries like the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord tears.
- Injuries to vital organs.
- Multiple fractures.
- Joint damage.
- Wrongful death.
If you’re lucky enough to survive a truck crash, you’ll want to speak with a Chicago truck accident lawyer from our offices right away. Don’t give any type of a statement to the trucking company’s insurer. It will only try to push off some of the liability for the accident over onto you. Rather than giving that insurer a statement that it will use against you to attack your credibility, speak with a Chicago truck accident lawyer at Shea Law Group.