Some of the best anti aging supplements
There are many products on the market that tout themselves as the best anti aging supplements on the planet, able to work miracles. There may be some truth to some of the claims, let’s have a look at some of the supplements that are available.
- DHEA: DHEA is hormone, the production of which decreases as one ages. It is claimed by anti aging clinics that DHEA supplements can increase muscle mass and reduce fat.
- HGH: Once again, HGH is a hormone that is needed by growing children and then its production tapers off as one ages. Proponents of HGH supplements claim increased muscle mass but not increased strength, it also suggests an increase in overall energy levels. One has to wonder if it’s worth $15,000 a year to find out if there is any truth to the claims.
- Melatonin: Melatonin is a necessary hormone for sleep regulation, against claims that it also decreases in age, doctors beg to differ. Melatonin has been proven to be of some help in a number of areas, primarily sleep oriented but the claims of being an anti aging supplement seem to be lacking.
- Estrogen: Estrogen is one of the most widely used hormone replacements as it is a treatment for the effects of menopause.
- Testosterone: Testosterone levels drop as one ages; as a result the buzz is that testosterone supplements will return a man to his most virile state. These claims overlook the fact that this hormone decreases very gradually, it does not just stop and in tests a supplement does little to reverse the effects that one expects as he ages.
- Stem cells: There is ample evidence that fetal stem cells can help in combating the effects of age, however, the use of fetal stem cells is very controversial. Stem cells that are being extracted from the placenta are showing positive results as are stem cell treatments using cells from the subject’s bone marrow.
- IV vitamins: A cocktail of vitamins and minerals are injected directly into the blood stream of the subject through an intravenous drip. The results are good; the high doses of vitamins, especially the B vitamins and vitamin C are effective in combating fatigue, chronic depression and anxiety attacks.
Regardless of what supplement an individual considers to be the best, they should be taken after consulting a doctor.