The Benefits of Window Replacement in O’Fallon MO
There are many reasons as to why a homeowner would benefit from replacing their windows. Such reasons include less draft coming into the home, easier cleaning, and, won’t require having to add storm windows to the front or back of the home. Another reason for Window Replacement in O’Fallon MO is having the option to purchase and replace with more efficient windows.
Benefits of Efficient Windows
- Energy costs are lowered- Energy efficient windows can reduce the number of funds that are associated with heating and cooling.
- Lower HVAC costs- High-performance windows not only reduce the heating and cooling bills annually but, they also reduce the peak heating and cooling loads. Installing high-performance windows can reduce the HVAC equipment sizing.
- Reduction of condensation- Energy efficient windows creates a warmer interior glass surface. A warmer surface reduces the amount of frost and condensation that can occur during humid or cold climates and environments.
Choosing Replacement Windows
Following is a list of tips for ensuring the right windows are chosen for your home and climate.
The first step for Window Replacement in O’Fallon MO is to decide what style and type of window are wanted. There are four main types most owners will choose from: single/double hung, casement, Awing, and slider windows.
- Single/double hung- These are the most common types of windows. They consist of two separate panes of glass, which open or close by sliding up or down. A single hung window is opened from the bottom by sliding up and a double hung can be opened from either the top or the bottom.
- Casement Windows- A large pane of glass that is hung vertically and is opened by swinging outwards.
- Awning Windows- This style of window is hinged at the top and is opened by tilting the window outwards, away from the bottom.
- Slider Windows- Just as the name suggests, these windows slide from side to side.
The second step is to choose what style of materials the window is made from. These may include choosing from wood, vinyl, or vinyl clad.
Lastly, the homeowner will want to choose what type of glass is wanted. This includes deciding between single, double, triple and, even quadruple pane glass. While cost certainly plays a factor in the decision making, it is important to choose a quality product. For more information on window replacement Browse the website today.